In today’s world where people are busy with their work lives and prefer taking junk food over healthy food, there has risen an urgency for the consumption of some healthy foods that are tasty as well. Sattu, which used to be a staple famous products of Bihar, Punjab, Madhya Pradesh, UP and West Bengal is now one of the most consumed food across India owing to its high protein content.
Sattu is often served in form of ‘sharbat’ during the summers in these states. Sattu is made of Bengal gram and has a lot of health benefits associated with it and is tasty as well. Sattu is often consumed by the people with certain add-ons like chickpeas etc. which even adds more to the taste. Sattu, also called as Bihari Sattu can cater to the health requirements of the body on-the-go.
A BUNCH OF HEALTH BENEFITS
The primary effect of Sattu on the human body is the cooling effect that it produces which makes it one of the best foods to have during the summers. Since the ingredients of Sattu are dry roasted, they retain their nutritional value and they are a rich source of iron, manganese, magnesium etc. which are essential for the human body.
The following are some of the health benefits of famous products of Bihar Sattu:
- For children, consumption of about two spoons of Sattu regularly can help to cater to the nutritional needs of them and increase their resistance against the diseases.
- For women, consuming Sattu can prove to be very beneficial since it can replenish the lost nutrition in their bodies.
- Sattu helps in the maintaining the body shape for women as well.
- Sattu, being a balanced wholesome diet, proves to be a source of continuous energy which makes it one of the essential foods for the younger generation.
- Sattu can also result in a glowing skin and helps people to be fit and fresh all through the day.
- Sattu also has the property to boost up the stamina levels.
- Old people can consume Sattu regularly so as to keep their digestive abilities intact.
- Sattu can be consumed in form of energy drink by diabetic people and can have great impacts on their health.
- Sattu consumption can help to fight out the worries of gas and acidity in the digestive tract which is very common these days.
- For the people involved in desk jobs, regional specialty products Sattu help them to be fresh and fit all day.
- Sattu is also found to be an effective food for all those who are suffering from low blood pressure levels, when consumed with cumin powder, lemon and salt.
- Sattu keeps the stomach cool and clean and fights out most of the stomach related disorders.
With such a tasty yet healthy food available in the market, it would be foolishness to overlook the health benefits that Sattu provides and go for junk foods instead. Sattu can also be prepared at home itself by buying the ingredients separately and grinding them in the right proportion together. Sattu, is available at very cheap prices and can be found in most of the market places these days. So go on, lead a healthy and happy life by including Sattu in your daily meal.