The majority of us women have either did the big chop or transitioned into a more natural hairstyle. When it comes to being a natural sister with thick and curly hair, we experiment with at least 50 products to figure out which ones provide nourishment and shine to our hair. But – what if those hair products we seek are right in our kitchen cabinets. Have you tried rice water?
Here are 5 ways to use fermented rice water on natural hair to promote hair growth:
- Pre – Poo – Make sure your hair is dry before your spray the rice water throughout your hair. This will help remove any calcium build-up in your hair before washing.
- Co-Wash – You can add some rice water to your shampoo before conditioning your hair. This helps to deep cleanse your hair.
- Deep Conditioning Treatment – After you have washed your hair, spray the rice water in your hair. Then put a plastic cap over your head and leave it in for about 1 hour.
- Hair Rinse – Once you have rinsed your hair of shampoo and conditioner, you can also rinse your hair rice water. You can either rinse it out or leave it in your hair to dry.
- Scalp Rub – Take a spray bottle and spray the rice water directly on your scalp. After it hits your scalp, massage the rice water through your scalp to help with blood flow.
There are several ways to use rice water to promote hair growth, you just have to find one that works best for you.